Saturday 19 May 2012

Battery replacement

Battery Replacement

From the Bike I pulled a Sealed lead Calcium Battery from Asia

  • Turbo  12N9L-BS 12volt 9A.h
Was surprised to find out the bike was 2 volt .. everything I have read to date says they are 6 volt .. maybe it was converted at some point.

Battery I found was from Canadian Tire at $110 or so I also found some less expensive ones at Walmart for around $70. But since I'm not really a pro with battery selection and I was out of time I purchased one Battery for the Red Vespa. For the record I'm not a fan of the Canadian Tire batteries but everything was about to close. Honestly I would rather head for Napa and get a slightly better one.

Here is what I used

Eliminator 9BS Power Sport Battery ($110)

a couple of things to remember
  • you will need to add the acid yourself which was included in the box very simple just make sure you have some good chemical proof gloves and eye protection
  • you need to charge it with a 12 volt  1 amp or 1.5 amp charger which will run you around $20 at Walmart




No comments:

Post a Comment