Saturday 19 May 2012

Oil change

Yaay the new (to me) 1967 Vespa Sprints 150's have arrived and it's time to get to work

Today pulled the spark plug from the bike unfortunately I don't know all the details I will to maintain these bikes so I am winging it from what I can find on the net - thus this site .. it will be sort of a log book of what I have done on the two bikes in the hope it may help others in the future


Oil Change Info

Research indicated  to use one of the following

SAE 80 Gear Oil which is apparently the same as SAE 30 motor Oil
also found some using ST 90



2 Stroke Oil and Gas mix

everything I can find say to use 2% Oil to gas mix which is a 50:1 ratio

Best apparently was
  • Motul 800 which supposedly runs the cleanest
  • Motul 710 is also fine
  • Stihl 2 Stroke Engine Oil

When I acquired the bikes I was told to use the Stihl Two Stroke engine oil which I happen to have for my weed whacker already so this is my choice .. 5 liters to 1 little bottle. Interestingly enough they sell scents for the exhaust online :/


Vespa Oil change Tutorial (not specific to this model)

http://www.scooterhelp.com/genmaintain/vespa.oil.change.html

Or

Part 1 of 2
 


Part 2 of 2




No comments:

Post a Comment