Friday 22 June 2012

Red Vespa Update

Update:

Finished installing the Red Vespa Signal lights a few days ago - been working since. they seem to work perfectly .. I have also installed the new signal switch.

Compliments of my neighbor who is a professional autobody worker I have had the damage to the side cowling fixed. Dents are out, sanded and repainted - it looks great!

Wiring- several of the wires were in rought shape - to save some coin I have been pathcing it up to the best of my ability



So whats next? well as it stands I still have several issues

Front Brake is a bit loose - should be an easy fix

Shifting doesn't seem to be consistant - just got a new crucifix and will attempt to play with the gear selector above this is an issue on both bikes

Red Tail Light - Probably need to find a replacement part for the red bike- the origional spring disintigrated when I took a look at it so I have been looking for an easy solution .. you would think just buy a spring adjust it and off you go but it's proving to be a royal pain ..

Red Brake Light isn't working yet .. I still need to do some trouble shooting but is suspect it will be in the brake switch or the ground - I have read that they are a normally closed switch which is a bit on the backwards side but Ill have to take a look

Grease - Still need to Grease all the Zerk Fittings & lube the cables (mental note still need to look into a cable lubricator)

Seats - need some form of seat protector .. my book is says use Armor All but I have had issues with it building up a layer on my car interiors in the past and actually causing cracking. thus need to do some more homework on that one

Breaker Points - need to check the Gaps on these still they should be 0.3 to 0.5 mm (.011 to .019 inches)

Voltage Regulator - I picked up a couple voltage regulators for the vespas - I would liek to replace the zener diodes on the bike. Only catch is Im not sure exactly where I will install them -- Still working on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment