Tuesday 19 June 2012

Tuff City Motor Sports - the switch

the signal switch from the red Vespa wiring was completely broken on an earlier inspection - I think when we put it in the truck it must have been severed off .. I tried to solder up the connections on the switch today but had now luck at all .. so I took a trip over to one of the local motorcycle shops called Tuff City Power Sports - Nanaimo and out of sheer luck they had the exact switch I needed and also the proper connector for it (which I didn't have int he first place. After chatting for a bit about their Vespa Sprint we did a trade - a switch for some extra brake shoes and the difference in credit if it works . Very cool so I'm giving them my two thumbs up & a plug for there shop today!

Here is there contact info:



And here is the new switch :) today I also picked up some $5 Enclosed LED lights from Canadian Tire which are now working as rear signal lights :) ahh progress I love it!





On that note they mentioned they had converted the points to an electric start system -- might be a future project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment